I love this recipe card, the die-cuts are size appropriate and the red distressing is offset nicely with the outside matte done in Red. Here is your recipe for today
Sweet Cinnamon Biscuits
- 2 c. flour 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼c. oil ¾ c buttermilk
- 8 tbsp softened butter ¾. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon 1 c milk (optional)
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl, mix well, stir in oil and buttermilk and stir just until blended.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth. Roll out dough on lightly floured surface until smooth. Roll dough into a 15 x 8 rectangle.
- Preheat oven to 400º. Grease a 9″ round baking pan lightly.
- Spread butter over the dough. Mix together sugar, and cinnamon in separate bowl. Mix well and sprinkle evenly over the butter on the dough. Roll up rectangle jellyroll fashion, starting with long end . Pinch the seam to seal it.
- Cut the roll into 1½” slices. Arrange the slices cut side up on prepared baking pans. Bake until lightly browned, about 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and if desired, pour milk over the top. Serve hot
- OR frost with your favorite butter cream recipe.
What do you think, a good recipe for Christmas morning? Leave a comment below and tell me what you think!